MMP 350 Final Project Requirements
These are the basic parts to show a WP page/post.
- sidebar.php (doesn’t have to appear as a sidebar but you need a place for user to add widgets.)
- custom menu (defined in functions.php and used in one of the template files)
 Custom Homepage
-  Use Featured Images on Posts
-  Use WP_Query() in combination with Categories to show at least two types of posts (my example has a hero post at top with featured posts below)
-  Homepage is static page that uses a page template
 Custom Article
-  Shows Featured Image as main article image
-  Intro shows the_title(), the_excerpt() and Author Name
-  Shows the_content()
-  Shows Bio section (this is the extra content about the subject of the article, not the author). This requires use of Custom Fields in the posts.
-  Shows Author Infomation: This uses the user description for the bio and customized user meta add the image.
- the theme needs a working search integrated somewhere. It should be through the template tag and not a widget.
 Visual Design
-  The design of the homepage (visually appealing, clearly shows different sections of the page (hero, featured images, sidebar, nav, footer etc))
-  Visual design of the article page (the single post view). Again, aesthetically pleasing while also showing the different parts of the article (title, excerpt, author, content, bio area, author area)
-  Typography. You have paid attention to typography throughout the site, including on the secondary pages
 Secondary Pages
- 404 page
- Archive page (date, category, tag)
- Author page